MTV Splitsvilla is one of the most watched Indian reality love-based series. Several candidates participate in this show each year and in order to become the supreme King and Queen of MTV Splitsvilla, they form pairs and take on numerous tasks.
This year the show that has entered its 14th season is going to be an epic battle for love with Sunny Leone and Arjun Bijlani as its sizzling hosts. Fan favourite Splitsvilla 14 release date was on November 12, 2022 and has quickly sprinted to the top of the charts.
Here are five facts about Splitsvilla new season 14 we bet you didn’t know.
Rajiv Lakshman and Raghu Ram – The Brains Behind Splitsvilla 14
We are all aware that the idea for Roadies was developed by Raghu Ram and Rajiv Lakshman. Did you know that MTV Splitsvilla was also an idea of Raghu and Rajiv? It is one of the most well-known and established reality series for young people in India. In 2000, they both spoke with MTV about the concept for Roadies, and in 2003, they debuted the first season of the show as an experiment. They invented the concept of Splistvilla and released it in 2008 following the success of Roadies. The two reality programmes are currently the two most popular ones in India.
Know Everything About MTV Splitsvilla 14 Contestants
Here are the details about Splitsvilla 14 contestants’ names with photos.
- Kashish Ratnani, model
- Sakshi Dwivedi, actress, model and social media star
- Saumya Bhandari, fashion model and architect
- Joshua Chhabra, one of India’s top models
- Shrea Prasad, influencer, beautician and model from Fiji Islands
- MTV Roadies Xtreme Winner Kashish Thakur
- Akashlina Chandra, founder and owner of makeup brand Akashlina Cosmetics
- Justin D’Cruz, dancer, choreographer
- Aradhana Verma, fashion designer, model and actress
- Sohail Shaikh, fitness enthusiast, gym owner
- Pema Leilani
- Honey Kamboj
- Sakshi Shrivas
- Amir Hossein, pharmacist and restaurateur
- Urfi Javed, social media star
- Hamid Barkzi
- Soundous Moufakir
- Fashion model Aagaz Akhtar
- Oviya Darnal, social media influencer
- Rishabh Jaiswal, model and actor
Phones Are An Absolute No-No
In Splitsvilla, cell phones are not allowed. Before competing in the show, each contestant is required to turn in their watches and mobile devices. They should give it to the crew even if they win a cellphone during a task. It is only accessible after the performance. They can only notify their family in an emergency.
Shooting In Overseas Locations
All of the MTV Splitsvilla seasons were filmed in India, particularly Jim Corbett National Park, Goa, Kerala, and Jaipur. Only the fourth season, however, was filmed in Dubai.
2 Seasons in 1 Year
As we all know, every year one season of MTV Splitsvilla is aired. However, in 2009, 2 seasons of MTV Splitsvilla were aired. MTV Splitsvilla season 2 was aired in March 2009 while MTV Splitsvilla season 3 was aired in December 2009. However, there was no season in 2011 and 2020.
Enjoy the new season of Splitsvilla! Download the Vi app now and watch the brand-new season of Splitsvilla.